Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Salt Dough

I made a batch of Salt Dough a few days before we wanted to paint them.
Its easy to make just add 1 1/2 Cups of Plain flour, 1/2 Cup Salt, 1 Tbs of Oil and 2/3 Cup of Water in a bowl. Turn onto a lightly floured surface and knead into a smooth ball. Then roll it out and cut your pretty shapes out.
Bake at 120 degrees for 2hrs. 
(Make sure you put holes in the shapes before baking, a straw makes perfect holes.)
You could also do hand or foot prints. I didn't as I made it before with out any kids 'helping', I saved them for a day when I needed an activity up my sleeve and gave them to Poppy to paint until her heart content. 


 What you will need
About to be bakes
 All ready to be painted

Pretty paintings
 Daddy even helped
 The finished product
 Hanging on the tree.


2 comments:

I love that you have stopped by, and love reading your thoughts and opions, thanks for sharing. xx