Thursday, August 15, 2013

Beetroot

I am stoked to still be getting some lovely beetroot from the garden.

I find there is so much you can do with these little red beauties.

We make amazing red juices, with carrot, apple, orange, celery, cucumber, ginger and of course beetroot.

We enjoy the chocolate goodness that is Beetroot brownies

We roast them to serve as side with dinner or to use in delicious salads such as this Green Lentil and Roast Beet Salad or this Roasted Beetroot Parsnip and Feta Salad

We make Julie Goodwin's mouth watering beetroot dip 

and our favourite...

Beetroot chips of course! With lashings of sea salt. Yum!!

Do you have beets growing in the garden?

Are beets a favourite on your table?

Do you have any great beetroot recipes to share?

Happy Thursday! x


20 comments:

  1. {www.crazyspeedylove.com}
    Great - love the chip idea! Trying that this weekend....thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those chocolate beetroot brownies look delish! I may have to go down to the Farmers Market and get me some beets this weekend :)

    Sophie xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Holli! I nominated you for The Liebster Award and here are the details: http://thegaydosgang.blogspot.com/2013/08/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yum!
    We haven't had beetroot around here recently...but last time we did I made brownies!
    I am thinking I will have to get some tomorrow so I can try the dip and the chips!

    ReplyDelete

I love that you have stopped by, and love reading your thoughts and opions, thanks for sharing. xx